Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I trim my budgie's long nails?

wrap a dish towel around the back of the budgie put a little over your thumb so you don't get bit, try and hold the toe with middle two fingers of the hand that's holding the budgie, and use your free hand to clip; be very careful though; you could cut too much and hit the bleeder; (vein) be sure to have something close like stypic sticks, powder to cauterize or light a match blow it out and hold it to the nail. i really wouldn't recomend that one; only as a last resort. an avian vet can trim nails, beaks, and clip flight feathers for you if you are too nervous to do it yourself.How do I trim my budgie's long nails?
You don't. You take your budgie to the avian vet. If they're comfortable teaching you how to do it, they can do so at that time.





If you need an avian vet, you can find one at http://aav.org/vet-lookupHow do I trim my budgie's long nails?
you can go to a pet store. In about twenty dollars you can buy some really efficient clippers. I love my clippers and they work nicely for our doberman.
I would suggest bringing it to a vet so they can show how to clip them the first time you unless you have clipped nails before. You have to make sure you don't hit the quick and if you do you should have kwik stop or something else to stop the bleeding.
  • eyeshadow makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment